BridgeSpan Health Offers Washington Residents Guidance and Innovative Health Insurance Options on the State’s Public Exchange
Northwest Insurer Focuses on Affordable, Consumer-Friendly Plans
SEATTLE — November 13, 2014 – Individuals and families in Washington state looking for health care coverage as part of the Affordable Care Act, will have more choices on November 15 when open enrollment begins on the state’s` Health Insurance Exchange. BridgeSpan Health will offer several new, comprehensive plans that offer quality care, ease of use and value for individuals and families.
BridgeSpan aims to provide information and guidance to help consumers better understand how the Affordable Care Act and the health insurance exchange works, as well as how to navigate a system that may be new to them. For the hundreds of thousands of Washington state residents who may have not had health insurance recently, or those who are signing up for the first time, the task can be challenging.
“Our mission is to ensure that consumers receive coverage that is not only affordable but also meets their needs. BridgeSpan is built entirely around the individual – making shopping for a health plan simple and easy,” says BridgeSpan Health President Chris Blanton. “We will navigate the exchange with consumers by helping them identify their needs, educate them on their options and put them in the driver’s seat to take an active role in selecting and managing their health care coverage.”
Prior to going onto the state exchange, where Washington residents will have the opportunity to sign up for health coverage, BridgeSpan offers live phone support and an on-line shopping experience that is as easy to understand and navigate.
Setting itself apart from other plans, BridgeSpan offers these unique features:
- Coordinated network options, made up of high-quality providers to deliver comprehensive care at a lower price
- Accountable network options include The Everett Clinic; UW Medicine; and MultiCare Health System
- Members select a doctor who manages all of their health needs, from primary to specialty care, resulting in a more cost-effective, personalized and consistent experience
- CoPatient, a free service that helps members review, organize and understand their medical bills – identifying and correcting costly errors on behalf of the member
- A Northwest-based customer support team is easily accessible by phone, without having to go through numerous automated prompts to reach a live person.
- A secure mobile app connecting patients, providers and plans will be available for BridgeSpan customers in early 2015. Via smartphone or tablet, members can:
- See coverage detail and where they stand with deductibles
- Find out how much they owe and pay their doctor at the time of an office visit
- Access the prescription formulary list and find a doctor on their plan to get the most out of their coverage
For coverage starting in 2015, the open enrollment period is November 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015. Individuals may also qualify for special enrollment periods outside of this timeframe if they experience certain life events. BridgeSpan is offering Platinum High, Gold+ High, Gold, Silver+, Silver, and Bronze plans.
For more information, please visit www.bridgespanhealth.com.
About BridgeSpan Health Company
BridgeSpan Health Company offers consumers a new kind of individual health insurance experience. We believe that individuals and families deserve a stronger voice in their health care. BridgeSpan gives consumers more than just basic medical coverage. Our plans include a members-only discount program, health coaches, pregnancy support, a 24-hour nurse hotline, and resources to help members manage their health. The BridgeSpan portfolio of health benefit plans is available online through health insurance exchange marketplaces in Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington. BridgeSpan Health Company is an affiliate of Cambia Health Solutions.
About Cambia Health Solutions
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company based in the Pacific Northwest/Intermountain region, serving consumers and communities for nearly 100 years. Cambia companies provide a wide range of products and services, including healthcare information technology and software development, retail healthcare, health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brand, life insurance, pharmacy benefit management, consumer engagement and wellness. For more information, please visit www.cambiahealthsolutions.com.
SOURCE: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc.